maven-users mailing list archives

From <David.A.Willi...@sungard.com>
Subject RE: Multiple Artifacts Question
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:29:42 GMT
Thanks everyone for your answers.   I'll look into each method.  We are using Bamboo as a build
server and the two issues are that 1, need to ensure that all version have the same source
code revision and 2, we are using that Build Number plug-in and need to keep the build number
the same for all varieties.

Thanks,

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne Fay [mailto:waynefay@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 11:13 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Multiple Artifacts Question

> Yeah, I've used both approaches, overlays and profiles.  We generally use
> profiles because they are faster, especially if you don't need to always

I'd probably just create multiple ear artifact projects and include
the Java EE target name in the artifactId eg my-app-weblogic. Then
include your server-specific stuff in each ear project, and build all
of them by building your project from the top/parent directory.

Profiles and classifiers would certainly work, but I think that would
potentially complicate your build a bit.

Wayne