maven-users mailing list archives

From Michael Ebert <micha.eb...@gmail.com>
Subject Use filter files from parent project
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 08:44:17 GMT
Hi,

i'm facing the following issue:

I've got a multi module project and resources filtering is activated
in every module:

    <resources>
      <resource>
        <filtering>true</filtering>
      </resource>
    </resources>

The directory layout:

parent
  | -- src/main/filters
  | -- pom.xml
  | -- module-a
         | -- src/main/resources
         | -- pom.xml
  | -- module-b
         | -- src/main/resources
         | -- pom.xml

My filter files currently reside under src/main/filters in the parent
project and are referenced from within the submodules via

    <filters>
      <filter>..\src\main\filters\${env}-filter.properties</filter>
    </filters>

So far so good, that works. But I'm getting into troubles when I try
to build the modules separately, precise when continuum does so.
Continuum checks out the modules in a flat hierarchy and builds the
modules --non-recursive (one can get around that but that's not my
intention):

parent
  | -- src/main/filters
  | -- pom.xml
module-a
  | -- src/main/resources
  | -- pom.xml
module-b
  | -- src/main/resources
  | -- pom.xml

Obviously, the relative referenced
..\src\main\filters\${env}-filter.properties doesn't work any more.

Is there any possibility for having my filter files at another common
place, that is reachable for every module, regardless of the directory
layout? That must be a common problem but I haven't found any solution
so far.

Thanks,
micha.