maven-users mailing list archives

From Kalle Korhonen <kalle.o.korho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dumb quetsion . . .
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 18:57:43 GMT
There cannot be a single answer to this since applications,
application packages and use cases are different. If you are building
webapplications and updating your own site, Maven cargo plugin is very
effective (google this list for examples, lots of them). If you are
developing a client-side application, you want to probably package
everything up into a single file (zip, exe, installer package etc.)
and make it available to your customers one way or another. In one
instance, I used the assembly plugin and deployed that assembly
together with Maven site and linked to the file from the index page.

Kalle