maven-users mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Maven + JUnit, what's the best approach?
Date Tue, 29 Dec 2009 13:53:42 GMT
Hi,
> I'm new to Java and maven and currently in the process of building the
> entire infrastructure for java development in the company.
>
> i'm not quite familiar with JUnit, but i know maven makes it easy for you by
> creating default test tree and test classes in each project.
You should follow the folder structure

src/main/java ...
src/main/resources

src/test/java ...
src/test/resources

Further details here:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-standard-directory-layout.html

> where can i read about best practices regarding writing unit tests for my
> java apps using JUnit with MAVEN?
Just write them as usual JUnit Test Cases....

Than you can simple do mvn test to run the test cases or use
Eclipse/Netbeans etc. run them from the IDE instead...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 W├╝rselen                           http://www.soebes.de