maven-users mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject AW: No such provider: 'git'
Date Sat, 19 Dec 2009 22:44:51 GMT
Hi!

You need to add the dependency of the gitexe provider to the maven-changelog-plugin and not
to the build.

Maven is basically a container like you know from a ServletEngine: it separates classloaders
of different plugins from each other - and the <build> for compile and test are 2 others
of that kind.

Which means: if you add a dependency (of <scope>compile) to your <build> section,
this will not be available on the classpath of your plugin. Instead, as mentioned above, you
have to add the dependency to the plugin itself (you might need a <pluginManagement>
section in your case).

LieGrue,
strub