maven-users mailing list archives

From Sony Antony <sony.ant...@gmail.com>
Subject Possible to specify version from a properties file
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 01:14:28 GMT
We have more than 100 modules in our project.
Each pom includes teh parent pom using the cordinates including teh version
number.

Is there any way to centralize the version number, maybe in a properties
file/profile/something.
So that if the version changes, this will be the only place where we need to
change the version.
( Every pom would refer to this version number using some kind of
indirection - like ${project.version} )

We would liek to avoid having to put the version number in every pom.

--sony