maven-users mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject A use case that might be of interest for m3
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:06:59 GMT
Here's something that happens to me.

I start working on a medium-sized change. It's not worth a branch. However,
I do want to run the old and new versions in parallel.

Now, I have two annoying choices. (a) I can temporarily edit the versions of
all of my modules to stop collisions. (b) I can make a separate local
repository, and get an entire additional copy of all the maven plugins just
so that I can keep two sets of my artifacts separate.

Oh how I wish that the plugin local repository could be separated from the
dependencies, or, better yet, three buckets: plugins, dependencies, and
things I'm actually building right now.