maven-users mailing list archives

From "David C. Hicks" <dhi...@i-hicks.org>
Subject Re: Maven-release-plugin checking in the pom twice
Date Sun, 08 Nov 2009 05:30:09 GMT
Typically, you will be developing a SNAPSHOT version of the release
version.  In other words, you might be working on 3.0-SNAPSHOT.  When
you do the release, you should release 3.0.  Your next development
version would then be 3.1-SNAPSHOT.  Your submodules will generally have
the same version as your master.

It sounds to me like the release plugin is doing exactly what it's
supposed to do, though.

Dave