maven-users mailing list archives

From InedibleKiwi <chris.phill...@medavie.bluecross.ca>
Subject Maven archetype multi module
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:36:31 GMT

I am wondering if anyone knows how to create more than one maven project, at
the same level, with one archetype.

Essentially, I have one parent archetype that creates a simple pom project.
I use this pom to start all new projects.  What I want, it to have a second
archetype that creates two maven projects that are direct children of the
original parent.
It is quite straight forward to create multi module projects, but in my
current configuration, I will have an intermediate level pom project.

What I Want (with the use of 2 archetypes)

Parent (first archetype)
  - P1 (second archetype)
  - P2 (second archetype)

What I know how to do (with 2 archetypes)

Parent (first archetype)
  -Intermediate (second archetype)
     -P1 (second archetype)
     -P2 (second archtype)

I know it would be very easy to create what I want using a single archetype,
but I currently have that parent pom archetype so that I only have one
archetype to manage for all of my parent needs.  If I were to inject its
functionality into another archetype, any changes I would want to
incorporate at that level would require me changing multiple archetypes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.