maven-users mailing list archives

From Fabien Coppens <fabien.copp...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Maven Embedder thread safety
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 13:43:05 GMT
Hi folks.
Any chance I can get an answer to those questions below ?
Thanks.
Fabien

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:     Maven Embedder thread safety
Date:     Tue, 17 Nov 2009 14:45:55 +0100
From:     Fabien Coppens <fabien.coppens@free.fr>
To:     users@maven.apache.org

Hi all.

I'm using Maven Embedder 3.0-alpha-2 to execute a dependency:resolve goal on a
large number of POM files (several thousand), using a Java batch runtime. For
performance reasons, I use a thread pool (ThreadPoolExecutor) to parallelize the
calls to the embedder's execute method.
However, after a quick look at the code, it seems that the execute method is not
thread safe, is that correct ?

Secondary question : I downloaded both maven-embedder-3.0-alpha-3.jar and
maven-embedder-3.0-alpha-4.jar, and in both jars the org.apache.maven.embedder
API is missing. Any reasons why ?

Fabien