maven-users mailing list archives

From Brian Fox <bri...@infinity.nu>
Subject Re: Some more maven questions
Date Sat, 31 Oct 2009 21:17:15 GMT
On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 6:40 PM, Sony Antony <sony.antony@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Is it possible to have multiple profiles to be active at the same time ?
> If true, what if two profiles - both active - define conflicting
> informations ( say the same plugin is configured differently )

Yes. The child would override the parents, and then it's either the
first wins or last wins, but I would have to test to be sure.

> 2. When is teh decision to activate a profiletaken . Before teh very first
> phase is begun ? ( validation )
> ( IOW, does maven make teh decision to activate a profile, even before the
> validation phase starts ? )
>
> 3. We have a module that contains a bunch of xsd schemas. We would like to
> compile these only if something has changed.
> I understand that I can put a <module> inside a profile, which is activated
> only when something changes.

Before, when the model is being resolved.

> But I couldnt find any way to communicate to maven that the profile needs to
> be activated <activation> only had a limited things to check. ( like file
> exists, OS etc. )
>
> Can somebody suggest a solution

Profiles aren't meant to work this way, they are more intended for
alternate configurations or different os builds etc.

> 4. Is it possible to execute a goal more than once during teh same phase ? (
> without resorting to antrun )

Yes, just bind the plugin in two executions to the same phase. They
should run in the order defined.