maven-users mailing list archives

From Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Sharing PMD rule set between maven-pmd-plugin and Eclipse PMD plugin
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 23:22:22 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to share the rule set definition for PMD between Maven and
Eclipse. I had hoped to create a separate Maven project which would
generate a JAR with the rule set I want to use. I had thought to add
that JAR as a dependency to maven-pmd-plugin (or as a regular
dependency) and reference it there but maven-pmd-plugin doesn't seem
to be able to find it (within a JAR). It doesn't look like the Eclipse
PMD plugin would be able to use it either.

Another option would be to use an http link (like
http://svn/xyz/ruleset.xml). That should work for maven-pmd-plugin but
it doesn't work for the Eclipse PMD plugin (AFAICT). In any event,
that would torpedo any thought of repeatable builds.

Has anyone had any luck with this or a similar set up? Any other
ideas? Or is it simply impossible?

Cheers,
Hilco