maven-users mailing list archives

From Quintin Beukes <quin...@skywalk.co.za>
Subject Re: Config.jar project dependency
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 18:48:10 GMT
>> OK, firstly you can only produce one artifact per POM.
> This is not true. A POM has one GAV, but you can produce multiple artifacts with different
classifiers. For example, most Java projects using the release plugin will have a source JAR
file produced from the same POM and codebase. It has the same GAV, but an alternate classifier.

That's very interesting. Could you perhaps point me in the right
direction no how this would work.

Lets say I make 2 jars with 2 separate classifiers, how to choose
which one becomes a dependency of another project?

Take Anders' case for example. Produce 2 jars "project1.jar" and
"config.jar" from the same POM. How would he then include the
config.jar as a dependency in another project?