maven-users mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building Multiple Eclipse with Maven
Date Sun, 27 Sep 2009 23:19:52 GMT
On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 7:07 AM, Jason van Zyl <jvanzyl@sonatype.com> wrote:

> I just ran it on a project and that's not what it did. I'm not talking only about multi-module
projects but other projects you may refer to. I'm often working on several related projects
where I need to work with them all at the same time.

>> I'm not trying to tell anybody not to use M2Eclipse or anything, I just
>> want to state that it is not correct to say that you can't use the plugin
>> if you want workspace resolution.
>>

> For inter-project resolution it is. For intra-project (i.e. multi-module) is does.

useProjectReferences is on by default, which will include
inter-project resolution.

However the plugin needs to find your workspace in order for it to work.
If your project is not located underneath your workspace then
m-eclipse-p can not automatically find it for you (it just walks up
the directory hierarchy looking for a valid workspace).
In that case you need to specify the workspace with -Dworkspace

I also work with the eclipse project name being the same as the artifact name.
I'm not sure what m-eclipse-p does if they differ.
I think I wrote some integration tests for this scenario, but YMMV.