maven-users mailing list archives

From Albert Kurucz <albert.kur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven Central Repository - Cleanup Efforts
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 16:49:48 GMT
One "unwritten?" rule of Maven good practice is that you change the
undefined dependency version definitions to fixed versions before
release. If you have done that, resolution will not be effected by
certlist on or off status.

The value (benefit) what certlist would provide to a Maven user, is
that the user will not need to evaluate many artifact, which are not
worth to spend time on looking at. This could result to saving our
valuable spare time which we spend on contributing to different open
source projects.