maven-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Sundberg <thomas.sundb...@agical.com>
Subject Organise integration tests in a Maven project
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 08:31:41 GMT
Hi!

I'm about to set up en fresh project using Maven. It will contain a web part
that will be a war, it will contain a ear part and it will contain
integration tests. How would you suggest organising it?

I'm thinking on the lines of:

root --
      -- ear [Mostly packaging for a application server]

      -- war -- src -- main -- java ...
                        -- test -- java ... [Unit test, not depending on any
external resources]

      -- integration-test -- src -- main -- java ... [Probably more or less
empty]
                                        -- test -- java ... [All integration
tests needed, including
                                                                Selenium,
Database and similar stuff
                                                                that will
require a deployed and running application]

It is likely that I will add more modules as the system expands. Each module
will be self dependant regarding the unit testing and the Integration tests
will depend on these other modules.

Do you have any suggestions that I want to consider with this set-up?
There might be more then one practise and probably more then one good
practise. There might not exist any best practise so I want to consider more
then one set-up before I make up my mind.

Best regards
Thomas

--
Thomas Sundberg