maven-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Securing deployment of released artifacts
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 16:18:07 GMT
On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 6:17 AM, Arnaud Bailly<abailly@oqube.com> wrote:
> I would like to ensure it is impossible to upload twice the same
> artifact for a given project with a given non-SNAPSHOT version and a
> given repository to upload to. I checked with standard deploy plugin but
> this is not done (ie. I can upload twice same version).
>
> I checked with configuration parameters for nexus but could not find
> anything related. Is there a standard way of doing this ?

Change the permissions on the underlying file system?  (But from irc
conversations, I thought Nexus would prevent this already.)

There are feature requests in JIRA for both the deploy plugin and Archiva:
* http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MDEPLOY-74 Add an option to be able
to abort if an artifact is already present in the deployment
repository
* http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-747 Archiva should prevent
re-deployment of released or non-snapshot versioned artifacts

If it depends on the metadata being correct, it may not be foolproof...

--
Wendy