maven-users mailing list archives

From "Reynald Borer" <reynald.bo...@elca.ch>
Subject Question about maven profiles activation
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2009 13:58:56 GMT
Dear all,

I have been browsing the Maven Book online recently (available on
http://www.sonatype.com/books/maven-book/reference/public-book.html),
and I have found something interesting about the profiles used in Maven
in one example:
http://www.sonatype.com/books/maven-book/reference/profiles-sect-tips-tricks.html

Basically, this example does the following:
- in settings.xml, we define a profile, active by default, that set an
environment variable;
- in a module pom.xml, we activate another profile based on the presence
of the previous environment variable.

This is a functionality that looked very interesting at first, with the
only drawback that I was not able to make it work. The only solution to
activate the profile defined in the pom.xml file was to explicitly set
the environment variable on the command-line, which is not what I want
to do.

I have tested this with versions 2.0.10 and 2.2.1, and both do not work.
Does anyone know if what is presented in this example should work ? Or
does anyone of you know a similar way of achieving such functionality ?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Reynald Borer