maven-users mailing list archives

From "Entner Harald" <Entner.Har...@afb.de>
Subject copy file from dependent jar
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2009 10:01:49 GMT
Hello,

i face the following problem. Currently i'm refactoring a project so
that i can move from ant to maven. It works rather well (i have done
this in my old company as well), but some special cases occur. Most of
them i could fix, but one causes me a headache.

This is the simple view of the project layout:

Proj1

                Resource1.xsd

Proj2

Proj3

The thing is, that Proj3 (actually all Webservices) needs Resource1
(besides it should do some replacements on the content of Resource1.xd).
So far ant copies the file using relative paths. I would really like to
avoid that (it would be easy with relative paths), because it adds a lot
of dependencies. (the project structure is much bigger and has a lot of
subprojects, the file is needed in many places).

So one solution would be to use the maven-resource-plugin and let it
copy the resource (additionally it could do the replacement).
Unfortunately, it only works with paths, but not with dependent
projects. Or am i missing something?

The solution i am thinking about is to use the dependency plugin and
copy the resource first (it can handle dependent jars) and place it in a
predefined-(project)-place (i think i can put it into the parent pom,
and hopefully this will work under all circumstances). Then i could use
the resource-plugin to do the rest and so i only have the resource
plugin inside the project poms.

The bad thing is that i need a second parent. Because Proj1 should not
execute dependency:copy (as it is depends on itself). I could leave the
phase undefined, but then i would have to add the plugin in every
project pom, which i would like to avoid. I think i could live with this
solution, but i m wondering if nobody had the same problem and maybe
there is a better solution.

Every input is appreciated.

regards, Harald