maven-users mailing list archives

From ifsNabble <ralf.heitz...@bertelsmann.de>
Subject How-to implement Code Quality Analysis on multiple Maven Projects?
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 08:24:55 GMT

Hi all!

I´m stuck with following problem:

My Project consists of about 150 Maven projects. All of them are somehow
dependent on each other.
I´m able to build and analyze code quality for every single project.
But to analyze special metrics I need all source code together in one
folder. And there´s my problem.

I could create a stupid dummy ant script that copies every code from
/src/main/java to the common source folder. And then I start analyzing this.
But that´s not really what I want. Apart from that I do need a new pom.xml
for the new all-embracing project. And then I´m at the point where I have to
copy/paste the source code from the single projects to the "big" project.

I thought about using module for solving my problem, but I don´t know if
that suits my needs?

I´m using Eclipse and m2eclipse-Plugin, Hudson as build tool and Sonar as
code quality analyzer.
Our platform is Windows.

Does anyone have some suggestions or best practices for my problem?
I´m sure I´m not the first one facing such problems.

The main pre-conditions for the solution are:
- I don´t want to change the structure of my projects (e.g. merge some
projects together)
- I´d like to use as many native Maven tools as possible (plugins,
techniques like modules, ...) and avoid using handmade solutions like
copy&paste or writing ant scripts

Thanks already!