maven-users mailing list archives

From UseTheFork <jvers...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions about dependencies and artifact publication
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 11:04:51 GMT

Hi,

Thanks, I already did read that book, but it does not cover the topic of my
question.

Some acquaintance explained me what I did not know. The dependency on
project A in project B should simply be declared with A's coordinates. If A
is published in a remote Maven repository, I can define that remote
repository in the settings.xml file or I can do it directly in the pom.xml
file (example at line 14 in
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-maven2-starter-app/source/browse/trunk/server/pom.xml).

It does not really matter how Project A's artifact is published in the
remote repository, my local instance of Maven will connect to it, request
Project A and the remote maven repository instance will fetch Project A's
artifacts from its local directory and return it.

Cheers,

UseTheFork