maven-users mailing list archives

From Edgar Schmidt <edgar.schm...@proveo.de>
Subject Maven Assembly plugin: Changing user and group identity
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 12:50:53 GMT
Hello,

I'm currently using the maven assembly plugin to build a tar.gz assembly with a custom descriptor.
I found the option to set read/write permissions, but I need to change the user and group
identity, too.

I haven't found anything suitable in the descriptor documentation, so I assume this isn't
possible (, yet?). I'm using the 2.2-beta-4 version.

Since the plugin is using the plexus archiver, there should be a way to do this. So my question
is, what would be the best way to implement this functionality into the assembly plugin?

Thanks in advance.

Edgar Schmidt

p.s. Here is someone with the same problem: http://www.mail-archive.com/users@maven.apache.org/msg87262.html
That was more than a year ago though