maven-users mailing list archives

From Filippo De Luca <dl.fili...@filosganga.it>
Subject cargo:deploy ear on parent pom
Date Sat, 12 Sep 2009 11:16:32 GMT
Hi all,
I'm developing a multi module maven project: It is composed by three
modules: ejb, war and ear module. The ear pom contains the cargo plugin
configuration as follow:

        <profile>

            <id>jboss51x</id>

            <build>

                <pluginManagement>
                    <plugins>
                        <plugin>
                            <groupId>org.codehaus.cargo</groupId>
                            <artifactId>cargo-maven2-plugin</artifactId>

                            <configuration>
                                <container>
                                    <containerId>jboss5x</containerId>

<output>${project.build.directory}/jboss51x.log</output>

<log>${project.build.directory}/cargo.log</log>
                                </container>

                                <configuration>
                                    <type>existing</type>
                                    <home>/home/filosganga/tmp/
jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default</home>
                                    <properties></properties>
                                </configuration>

                                <deployer>
                                    <type>installed</type>
                                    <deployables>
                                        <deployable>
                                            <groupId>it.filosganga</groupId>

<artifactId>managia-ear</artifactId>
                                            <type>ear</type>
                                            <pingURL>
http://localhost:8080/managia</pingURL>
                                            <pingTimeout>20000</pingTimeout>
                                        </deployable>
                                    </deployables>
                                </deployer>

                            </configuration>

                        </plugin>

                    </plugins>
                </pluginManagement>

            </build>

        </profile>

To deploy my ear, I had to call "mvn package" on parent project, and then
enter in ear module and launch "mvn -Pjboss51x cargo:deploy". There is a way
to allow calling "mvn cargo:deploy" on parent pom? I tried to put plugin
definition in parent pom, but it raise a circular dependency exception.

Thanks a lot

--
Filippo De Luca