maven-users mailing list archives

From Nicholas Tung <gatoatigr...@gmail.com>
Subject help with multi-module build
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 03:39:58 GMT
Hi all,

   I'm having trouble getting a multi-module project to build. What I want
to do is simple: build a Scala compiler plugin (jar), and then compile the
rest of the project using that.

   Right now, I have two proxy modules (building things in ../src),
"myproj-plugin" and "myproj-base". The first builds only the plugin, using
an assembly to build the jar file -- the output looks fine (though the name
is a bit long, and I'm not sure how to properly address it). However, when
"myproj-base" builds, I get "unable to find resource <plugin resource>" [1],
and it tries downloading "myproj-plugin" from the Scala and Maven
repositories (ick). I tried specifying the jar name path with "systemPath",
but no luck.

    If possible, I'd like it to be able to

   - rebuild all Scala files in "myproj-base" when the plugin changes (to
   make sure the plugin doesn't break anything).
   - build the entire project by typing "mvn compile" in the base directory
   (from scratch).

    The full project source is at [2].

Thanks in advance,
Nicholas

Sorry if this is a duplicate; I have gmail configured to send as
ntung@ntungbut was subscribed as gatoatigrado@gmail

[1]

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] wrap: org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.ArtifactNotFoundException:
Unable to download the artifact from any repository

Then, install it using the command:

[2]
http://github.com/gatoatigrado/skalch/commit/cb258d39c0dc796de8f6c1076e05505bb21f854a