maven-users mailing list archives

From "David C. Hicks" <dhi...@i-hicks.org>
Subject Re: quick question: set version for deploy
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 02:06:14 GMT
The version is normally bumped by the maven-release-plugin.  The typical
release process would look like:

mvn release:prepare
mvn release:perform

In general, the whole process does several things:  change the version
from SNAPSHOT to a release form, build your code to make sure it will
build and tests pass, create a new scm tag with the release version,
bump the version number and relabel it as a SNAPSHOT.

You are, of course, free to manage all of this on your own, but I would
recommend you look at the plugin.  It sure is a time saver.

Dave