maven-users mailing list archives

From Alexi Polenur <al...@polenur.com>
Subject Jar packaging. Produce more artifacts, in addition to jar
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 14:57:46 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to setup a multi-module project. One module produce a JAR
(jar-module) and another one a WAR which uses jar produced by "jar-module".

jar-modules has some configuration files - Spring xml and .property files.
Rather then package them as part of the jar I wanted to deploy them into
WEB-INF/classes directory of the war, to allow end user easy customization.

I am new to Maven and wondering what is the best way to do it.

First thing which comes to my mind is following.

1. Make jar module produce additional artifacts, let say jdbc.properties and
applicationContext.xml
2. Make WAR module depend not only on jar but also on additional artifacts
above.
3. Somehow configure WAR module build process to get this artifacts from
repository and install them into WEB-INF/classes of the war file.

Is it right approach or there is better, simpler approach.

If it is right approach can somebody point me in direction of how to achieve
it. Such as how I install additional artifacts in 1. above and then how I do
3.

Thanks, Alexi