maven-users mailing list archives

From clconway <ccon...@cs.nyu.edu>
Subject Re: maven-antrun-plugin: Java classes don't compile after an Ant task
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 18:20:49 GMT

Stephen Connolly-2 wrote:

> you need to use buildhelper-maven-plugin to attach the generated-sources
> directory.  Maven does not know that you've generated additional sources.
> Most/all of the source generator maven plugins will add the
> generated-sources/pluginname folder as an additional source path...
> buildhelper is there to allow you to achieve the same from outside of a
> plugin.

I don't think I was clear in my original message: the problem is that none
of my Java classes are being compiled, not even the pre-existing,
non-generated ones. Also, the problem does not occur with the echo Ant task.
In that case, all of the Java classes do get compiled, both the pre-existing
classes and the generated class. The sourceRoot element of the plugin
configuration adds the generated sources to the source path.

The problem seems to be more specifically with the java Ant task, which
somehow seems to prevent Maven from continuing on to compile the Java
classes.

Thanks,
Chris