maven-users mailing list archives

From Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help writing plugin
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 16:50:12 GMT
> 1. Where can I find the most help for writting a Maven plugin (examples,
> useful tools,...) besides the regular websites
> (www.sonatype.com/books/maven-book/reference/writing-plugins.html,
> http://maven.apache.org/plugin-developers/index.html)

Every single plugin the Maven team has written plus all the ones
hosted at Codehaus have their source code freely available. Find one
that does something similar to what you need, grab the source, and use
that as the base for your plugin.

> 2. In my plugin, I have a file and need to know to which artifact this file
> belongs to.  Any easy to do this besides traversing the whole directory
> tree???

It might be more helpful if you describe what exactly you're trying to
do overall in the plugin, rather than describing one little piece of
functionality and trying to figure it out. Traversing directory trees
is not that terribly difficult, either.

Wayne