maven-users mailing list archives

From Sahoo <Sa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Why is version 2.0 NOT same as 2.0.0?
Date Sun, 14 Jun 2009 04:06:00 GMT
Well, I wrote a simple program to compare the two versions and it
reports 2.0 to be same as 2.0.0.

// Main.java
import org.apache.maven.artifact.versioning.DefaultArtifactVersion;

class Main {
  public static void main(String... args) {
    if (args.length == 1) {
      DefaultArtifactVersion mv = new DefaultArtifactVersion(args[0]);
      System.out.println(mv.getMajorVersion() + ", " +
mv.getMinorVersion() + ", " +
                         mv.getIncrementalVersion() + ", " +
mv.getQualifier());
    } else {
      DefaultArtifactVersion mv1 = new DefaultArtifactVersion(args[0]);
      DefaultArtifactVersion mv2 = new DefaultArtifactVersion(args[1]);
      System.out.println(mv1.compareTo(mv2));
    }
  }
}