maven-users mailing list archives

From Robert Glover <robertglove...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: About resource folder in Maven structure
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 21:44:01 GMT
I have to respond from the perspective of a maven user, because that's me.  When I do what
you asked about, I manually add the resources directory and manually put into it what I think
should be there.  The key lesson I learned the hard way is that the java directory can only
contain ".java" files.  If you put xml files or property files or velocity template files
into the "java" directory, they will not become part of the target or the  jar file in the
target. They MUST be placed in the resources directory or else maven will not put them into
target.   I have no experience with  META-INF so your guess is as good as Mine. (My guess
is you should manually add it).

________________________________
From: dr_pompeii <dr_pompeii@yahoo.com>
To: users@maven.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 5:13:55 PM
Subject: About resource folder in Maven structure

Dear Members

I know how to create a default project according to maven structure

like
mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app

and work without problem, but in this link
http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/index.html

I see this structure, specially the bold part (I need these folders)

my-app
|-- pom.xml
`-- src
    |-- main
    |   |-- java
    |   |   `-- com
    |   |       `-- mycompany
    |   |           `-- app
    |   |               `-- App.java
    |   `-- resources
    |       `-- META-INF
    |           `-- application.properties
    `-- test
        `-- java
            `-- com
                `-- mycompany
                    `-- app
                        `-- AppTest.java

The comand mvn archetype:create .... (already written above)
doesnt create neither resources nor META-INF folders

Therefore
Must I do this by hand?
or
is there a special command to have these folders in the structure?

Thanks in advanced