maven-users mailing list archives

From David Hoffer <dhoff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why is source jar deployed twice during release?
Date Fri, 01 May 2009 22:24:47 GMT
I had actually neglected to specify the release plugin in my pom so I
understand the super pom's version and config(none) will be used.

Our command line is something like this mvn -PciBuild release:prepare
release:perform --batch-mode

As we are running on CI server, where ciBuild just adds the javadocs to the
build, i.e.

<profile>
            <id>ciBuild</id>
            <build>
                <plugins>
                    <plugin>
                        <version>2.5</version>
                        <executions>
                            <execution>
                                <id>attach-javadocs</id>
                                <goals>
                                    <goal>jar</goal>
                                </goals>
                            </execution>
                        </executions>
                    </plugin>
                </plugins>
            </build>

I don't know what a 'release' profile is, can you explain?

As for overwrite yeah I think its the server refusing to overwrite but I
think that's a good think for releases right?

-Dave