maven-users mailing list archives

From Konstantinos Karadamoglou <kka...@googlemail.com>
Subject surefire plugin - test a specified method only instead of a specified class using the test parameter
Date Sun, 03 May 2009 14:07:51 GMT
Hello all,

I am new to maven and surefire plugin.

Recently I joined a new team which uses maven as its main build tool.

The code repository includes a bunch of integration tests which are
developed on junit 3 (no annotations). Due to the fact that each test method
takes a long time to complete (as being an integration test) I would like to
specifically run one test method when I call the "test-compile surefire-it"
goal.

Checking the plugin's documentation I found out that there is a test
parameter that explicitly runs the specified test class instead of the
complete set of test classes. However I cannot find a
parameter/configuration which allows me to run on test method from a
specified test class.

The quick solution I 've got at the moment is to comment out all other
methods and run surefire with the test parameter of the class. This gives me
what I want (Just test one method) but its very inconvenient as you can
imagine!

Do you know if surefire allows to explicitly test one method only? Is there
a way to achive that at all?

Regards,

Kostas