maven-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why is source jar deployed twice during release?
Date Fri, 01 May 2009 22:39:40 GMT
On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 3:24 PM, David Hoffer <dhoffer6@gmail.com> wrote:
> I had actually neglected to specify the release plugin in my pom so I
> understand the super pom's version and config(none) will be used.
> I don't know what a 'release' profile is, can you explain?

The super pom includes a release profile that gets activated by
default during the release.  (See parameter useReleaseProfile in the
release plugin docs.)

You can see it here:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-pom.html

I haven't tried to reproduce your problem, but I suspect that you're
getting two executions of the source plugin because there is one in
the super pom and you are adding another.

(Yes, it's a good idea to prevent re-deployment, however unless you're
using a repository manager that does this, you won't get a build
failure.)

--
Wendy