maven-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why is source jar deployed twice during release?
Date Fri, 01 May 2009 21:35:38 GMT
On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 2:30 PM, David Hoffer <dhoffer6@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why would the release plugin try to deploy a sources jar twice?  It fails
> the second time of course.  Here is my pom...

What did you type, and how do you have the release plugin configured?

My guess is that the 'release' profile is enabled, and it already has
an execution for the source jar.  You're adding another one.

You write that 'of course' it fails, but that's likely your repository
manager refusing to allow you to overwrite a file.  The deploy plugin
doesn't have that feature, though it's in JIRA.

--
Wendy