maven-users mailing list archives

From Amarnath Palavalli <amarn...@collibra.com>
Subject DefaultMavenProjectBuilder throws NPE
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 12:28:57 GMT
Hello,

I am using the Maven Project jar 2.1.0.

I get the following exception when I use it:

	at
org
.apache
.maven.project.ProjectUtils.buildArtifactRepository(ProjectUtils.java:
115)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.project.ProjectUtils.buildArtifactRepositories(ProjectUtils.java:56)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.project
.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder
.buildArtifactRepositories(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:951)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.project
.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder
.buildFromSourceFileInternal(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:508)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.project
.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.build(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:227)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.project
.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder
.buildWithDependencies(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:357)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.project
.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder
.buildWithDependencies(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:345)
	at
torque
.tasks
.TestJDBCtoXMLTransformationTask
.test(TestJDBCtoXMLTransformationTask.java:47)
	at
torque
.tasks
.TestJDBCtoXMLTransformationTask
.main(TestJDBCtoXMLTransformationTask.java:80)

I see in the source code of DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java, the
private member
private ArtifactRepositoryFactory artifactRepositoryFactory;

is never initialized. Hence resulting in the above mentioned NPE.

Can anyone point me how to resolve this issue?

I am using the Maven2 plugin of Torque project from Apache DB project
in my application as given below:

         MavenProjectBuilder builder = (MavenProjectBuilder)
lookup(MavenProjectBuilder.ROLE);

         ArtifactRepositoryLayout localRepositoryLayout
         = (ArtifactRepositoryLayout) lookup(
                 ArtifactRepositoryLayout.ROLE,
                 "default");

		ArtifactRepository localRepository
		        = new DefaultArtifactRepository(
		                "local",
		                "file://" + getBasedir() + File.separator
		                    + "target/test-classes/repository",
		                localRepositoryLayout);

         MavenProject mavenProject = builder.buildWithDependencies(
                 new File(
                     getBasedir(),
                     "target/test-classes/projects/
TestJDBCtoXMLTransformationTask/pom.xml"),
                 localRepository,
                 null);

Thank you in advance,

Regards,