maven-users mailing list archives

From Michael Waluk <mwa...@gmail.com>
Subject How to deploy a module with multiple classifiers?
Date Fri, 01 May 2009 19:46:27 GMT
I have an Maven module that I have to build out for different environments.
 There are only a few different files for each, so I use profiles and have
used build-helper to create the artifacts for each environment, like:
- ABC-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
- ABC-1.0-SNAPSHOT-tomcat.jar
- ABC-1.0-SNAPSHOT-jetty.jar

The problem I have is how to deploy them into the same directory in my Maven
Repo.  Each time I deploy one of them with deploy:deploy-file using the
-Dclassifier=tomcat (for example), it creates a .pom file WITHOUT the
classifier.  This makes it so the non-tomcat users of the artifact can't
build.

Shouldn't it name the .pom file the same as the .jar file?  Or is there a
different way to deploy ALL of them at the same time somehow.  What are the
best practices (besides creating a completely different artifact - which is
my only option right now).

Thanks,
Michael