maven-users mailing list archives

From Barry Kern <bsk...@gmail.com>
Subject maven-scm-plugin
Date Tue, 26 May 2009 20:43:42 GMT
Can I use this plugin for the following purpose?

Project A build has a folder in its directory structure that holds assets
from a different svn location/project (project B) that I want to include in
my build. During my build before the compile phase I would like to use this
plugin to do an svn update and get the latest file from Project B and store
it in this folder.

I am setting up my pom like this

<plugin>
           <artifactId>maven-scm-plugin</artifactId>
           <version>1.2</version>
           <configuration>
           <username>me</username>
           <password>*****</password>
           <basedir>${tomcat.home}/webapps/pub/swf</basedir>
           <connectionType>connection</connectionType>
           <connectionUrl>scm:svn:https://projectB/trunk/bin</connectionUrl>
         </configuration>
         <executions>
         <execution>
             <id>getting_updated_swf</id>
             <phase>process-resources</phase>
             <goals>
                 <goal>update</goal>
             </goals>
         </execution>
         </executions>
         </plugin>

My build is throwing errors and I am confused as to why:

[INFO] [scm:update]
[INFO] Executing: cmd.exe /X /C "svn --username me --password *****
--non-interactive update "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
6.0\webapps\pub\swf""
[INFO] Working directory: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
6.0\webapps\pub\swf
[ERROR]

While building project:

Reason: Cannot run update command :

The working directory is the correct directory i want to update but the one
in the update command is not the connectionURL.

Is this possible?
Can anyone help me work through the error message?

Thanks,
Barry