maven-users mailing list archives

From Brian Fox <bri...@infinity.nu>
Subject Re: Maven password encryption and usage in a CI server
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 13:16:23 GMT
You are correct. If someone is able to read the maven code and find the
default password, decrypt the master password, then they could decrypt
the user password. It's also decrypted "on the wire" if you aren't using
https with your repos. The trick with a build server is to make a
special account for that system, the real danger comes when you use a
corporate password and someone gets that.

If you have real concerns about the build server, don't give people
permissions to change the jobs and then it will be harder for them to
get at these files.