maven-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Dmitriev <dmgl...@mail.ru>
Subject Project/module dependencies in separate JEE apps
Date Fri, 01 May 2009 22:13:25 GMT
Hi.

Here is a simple project 'Root' structure:
Root
+-A
| +-A1
| +-A2
| +-A3
+-B
  +-B1
  +-B2
  +-B3

Let's say that A is a JEE web application and B is a backing EJB app.
Different modules in A depend on different modules in B. For the sake of
simplicity: A1 depends on B1, A2 depends on B2 and so on.
I want to archive the following behavior. If I package A (which is
configured to include only modules A1 and A2), then I want maven to
automatically package project B with only those modules on which depends
active modules from project A. In this case it's modules B1 and B2 (and
to package A and B into single EAR, if possible)
I found it is very easy to do if A* and B* are essentialy modules of the
same project. But in the case of different projects... I'm stuck.

Thanks in advance for any advices.