maven-users mailing list archives

From j_ri <jochen.riedlin...@l-bank.de>
Subject Slow maven compile after upgrading JDK from 1.5 to 1.6
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 11:58:04 GMT

Hi,

I have problems with the compilation-time of some of our projects using java
6 (update 10 and 13) and maven (I tried with 2.0.7 and 2.1.0).

Compiling 806 source-files takes about 7 seconds using jdk 1.5. When
switching to jdk 1.6 ist takes 59 seconds.

To compare the results I copied the jar-files of all dependencies and
transitive dependencies to a lib folder and created a ant script for
compiling the 806 source-files using jdk 1.6......and it compiled fast.....7
seconds.

maven alone can't be the problem, since it builds fast with jdk 1.5 .....

jdk alone can't be the problem, since it builds fast without maven .....

We don't have the problem with all of our projects, some of them build
within the same timespan as before. I think the problem is with projects
haveing a lot of transitive dependencies.

I would appreciate if someone can give me a hint how to solve this.
Searching the www I didn't find that there is a genaral issue with maven and
jdk 6, isn't it?

Thanks,
Jochen