maven-users mailing list archives

From "daniel.green" <october...@gmail.com>
Subject Managing Modified Dependencies
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 16:10:54 GMT

The situation:

* Company finds a show stopping bug in dependency Foo
* Company can not wait for the owner of Foo to fix it
* Company branches the source code locally and applies patch
* Company now needs to maintained a modified third party dependency

Currently some crazy system of relative paths and fake version numbers is
being used to resolve the modified dependencies. However, this is obviously
an eye soar sore and is cluttering up our source repository. What are some
solutions for ensuring that changes don't get overwritten and our repository
stays clean?

Any suggestion will be welcomed!

I appreciate your time, thank you at least for that :-),
Daniel.