maven-users mailing list archives

From Jim McCaskey <jim.mccas...@pervasive.com>
Subject RE: settings.xml precedence
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 22:15:01 GMT
Brian,

I'm uncertain what you are referring to.  I cannot find documentation referring to -s.  What
I currently do is invoke Maven like this:

mvn clean install -Dorg.apache.maven.global-settings=E:\settings_di.xml

I was under the impression that org.apache.maven.global-settings overrode the installed settings.xml.
 The problem is that the settings_di.xml is being overridden by the contents of:

C:\Documents and Settings\jmccaske\.m2\settings.xml

Was -s something new added in 2.1.0?  How do I use that?

-Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Fox [mailto:brianf@infinity.nu]
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 5:06 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: settings.xml precedence

The -D doesn't change the settings,  -s does. This most likely only
overrides the user settings file, but the global one in the maven
install /conf folder would still be referenced if it exists.

Jim McCaskey wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm having some trouble tracking down how the precedence works for settings.xml.  I have
a settings.xml in my ~/.m2 directory.  However, when I invoke a build I pass -Dorg.apache.maven.global-settings
on the command line.  Should Maven not use the setting.xml specified on the command line?
 It seems to be using the one in the ~/.m2 directory.  Is there any way to make it ignore
the ~/.m2 directory version?