maven-users mailing list archives

From Stevo Slavić <ssla...@gmail.com>
Subject Maven Surefire plug-in and test failure handling
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 11:32:12 GMT
Hello Maven users,

For integration tests to run, one usually sets up test environment in
pre-integration-test phase, and any cleanup work is done in
post-integration-test phase. For actually running tests maven surefire
plug-in is used.

Problem I'm encountering with current Maven Surefire plug-in is that it
doesn't have support for handling test failure separate from running tests.
Thus, if there are test failures in tests run in integration-test phase,
build will fail, and post-integration-test phase will never get executed. So
if for instance, pre-integration-test phase started some application server
instance in JVM separate from JVM build is running in, that instance will
continue running when tests fail.

Maven Surefire plug-in through "testFailureIgnore" parameter supports
ignoring test failure, but doesn't provide any means of handling test errors
aftewards. In integration-test use case, I'd like post-integration-test
phase always to pass, and handle integration-test failure using some new
Maven Surefire plug-in mojo in verify phase. Does this make sense? Do others
have same/similar needs?

Regards,
Stevo.