maven-users mailing list archives

From "Niklas Grossmann" <NGrossm...@gmx.net>
Subject pom does not get installed, if classifier used
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 09:03:29 GMT
Hi All,

when I do a 'mvn install' and the maven jar/ejb plugin is configured to use a classifier e.g.
<plugin>
    <configuration>
        <classifier>dev</classifier>
    </configuration>
</plugin>

only the .jar file gets installed in the local repository. If I don't use a classifier the
pom gets installed alongside the .jar file. and maven-metadata-local.xml file is created in
the directory above.

Is not installing the pom if a classifier is used the intended behaviour?

I'm using Maven 2.0.10 and tested this only for jar and ejb types.

Thanks,
  Niklas.