maven-users mailing list archives

From Jim McCaskey <jim.mccas...@pervasive.com>
Subject How to perform a deploy only
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 02:17:26 GMT
Hello all,

I have several components all built from a top level pom.  This works great for accelerating
users to be able to build a lot of stuff quickly but is giving me some fits when trying to
deploy.  Up to this point I have been using deploy:deploy-file to get built components into
our local repository after a full build is successful, but this is labor intensive.

I would like to be able to run some variation of "mvn deploy" from the top level.  I have
figured out how to skip things using the FAQ here:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/faq.html#skip

But I do NOT want it to do anything other than deploy.  I have googled for this but have not
turned up anything useful.  I was surprised that the documentation does not suggest how to
do this.  This is the correct deploy documentation I think.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Jim