maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can I force maven download dependency?
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 06:46:24 GMT
The core assumption of a maven repository is that once a non-SNAPSHOT
version is available, that artifact will *NEVER* change.

Thus once maven downloads log4j:log4j:1.2.13 it will *NEVER* look for it
again.

This is why you should always keep your pom on a -SNAPSHOT version, as the
only thing that Maven will look for newer versions of are -SNAPSHOT
versions.

Now it sounds like you've been bold and have been deploying different
versions of an artifact with the same version number... the solution for you
is to delete the artifact you don't want from your repository and then maven
will be forced to download it again (as it no longer has a copy)

Yes this is a pain to do this by hand... consider it a penance for deploying
different versions of the same artifact with the same version number ;-)

-Stephen