maven-users mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@sonatype.com>
Subject Re: Any maven repo mirrors in China?
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 03:34:00 GMT
Juven might have a better idea, but you can definitely use Nexus to
cache the artifacts on site so that once the artifacts were retrieved
the local cache will be used. That will save a lot of bandwidth and
time.

http://nexus.sonatype.org

On 3-Mar-09, at 4:02 PM, Raymond Feng wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do we have any maven repo mirrors in China? Our (Apache Tuscany
> project) Chinese users always complain that their connections to
> repo1.maven.org are very slow and it takes hours to run a build.
> Most of the time it fails in the middle due to download issues.
>
> Thanks,
> Raymond

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more
examples
you look at, the more general your framework will be.

   -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks