maven-users mailing list archives

From "Matthias Dorfner" <Matthias.Dorf...@psylock.com>
Subject AW: Questions about using Maven in a multi-module environment
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 08:48:29 GMT
Thanks for your help, I'm indeed new to Maven ;-)

I'll try it with the dependencies plugin, that solutions sounds good!

What would you suggest for my second concern? Is there a possibility to deny deploying on
a submodules' level?

Thank you!
MD

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Stephen Connolly [mailto:stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 9. März 2009 09:44
An: Maven Users List
Betreff: Re: Questions about using Maven in a multi-module environment

2009/3/9 Matthias Dorfner <Matthias.Dorfner@psylock.com>

> Hi everybody,
>

> I have a multi-moduled project that looks like this:
>

> -parent
>
> --submodule1
>
> --submodule2
>
> --submodule3
>

> My questions are now:
>

> 1. How can I retrieve the name of the compiled jar from submodule2 & 3
> in the parent's pom? (I think it's the finalname of submodule2 & 3)

You do know that <finalName> only controls the name of the jar file in the
target directory....

I'm getting a smell that you are unaware of the maven-dependency-plugin, and
it's copy-dependencies goal...

Do'n do what I think you are trying to do... there are better ways... create
another sub-module and use the maven-dependency-plugin to copy the jar files
into that submodule4 and wrap them up in the zip file with the assembly
plugin.

> Maybe I need an Ant-Script for this?
>

> 2. Can I forbid deploying on a submodules' level? I only want to allow
> deploying the files from the parent's level. Can I let Maven throw an
> error message or something like this if someone tries to deploy from a
> submodule?

You are thinking that maven is like ant.  it isn't, drink the kool-aid it
tastes great ;-)