maven-users mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Wiseman <geoffrey.wise...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: project structure and maven.
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 05:03:52 GMT
On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 12:01 AM, Geoffrey Wiseman <
geoffrey.wiseman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 11:55 PM, MacMohan <manmohanarora83@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> i m using ant 1.6 to make war files. But now my company wants me to use
>> Maven to do nightly builds and deployment of project for testing and
>> development environment.
>>
>> My question is: Do i have to re arrange my project structure to standard
>> directory layout to use maven?
>

> Not necessarily - Maven's pretty flexible if you want it to be.  You can
> redefine the locations as need be for the most part.  That said, if you
> stuck with Maven for the long haul, I probably would restructure the project
> at some point, either a piece at a time or in one big

... chunk.  Sorry, sent early.

if no then how to make maven understand what my project structure is?

The pom allows you to tell Maven where to find  your source files, your
resources, test resources, and so on.

> an if yes, do you think i need to migrate to maven from ant just for
> nightly
> builds and deployment? Can't i do that some other way?

Well, I don't know anything about the tools and processes in your company,
but it's certainly possible to do nightly builds and deployment using Ant.

  - Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey Wiseman
http://www.geoffreywiseman.ca/