maven-users mailing list archives

From Dirk Olmes <d...@xanthippe.ping.de>
Subject Re: maven with jgoodies
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 14:42:03 GMT
Norbert Lazzeri wrote:
> well this is where intellij put them.
>
> im fine with this since each form-file belongs exactly to one java file.
> they are tied to each other and putting them to src clarifies that fact.
> i also put hibernate-mappings into src.
>
> all other resources i put into src/main/resources
>
> however this had no impact on the build so why do you ask?

Because the maven-resources-plugin will only pick up resources from the
default resource path unless configured otherwise. So if you leave your
resources lying around in src/main/java don't expect them in the final
jar if you build from scratch using Maven. I'm sure the IDE will pick up
resources from the source dir and copy them to target/classes but expect
trouble when building with pure Maven.

You could configure your pom to include src/main/java as resource dir,
though, just make sure you exclude your .java files in that case.

-dirk